It’s that time of the year again.
This post is a bit late. but i’ve been too busy ummm… sleeping. 😐
But girls and boys, I would just like to announce, albeit late, that IT’S THE MID-YEAR SALE.
Yes, a lot of stores are on sale right now. More importantly, there are mall-wide sales right now. Both Megamall (Forever 21!!!) and Robinson’s Galleria are holding 3-day sales that end tomorrow. Whoops! Sorry for just saying this now. 😦
Anyway, here are some tips that you’ll be needing if you still want to go on that shopping spree tomorrow. And believe me, you’ll be needing these.
1. If you plan on bringing a car, be there at whatever time the mall opens. I TRIED going to Megamall yesterday morning. I was only late by an hour and daaaaaaamn, there were so many cars I didn’t even bother waiting. Bummer. I went to Shang instead (which is okay coz I found out Topshop’s on sale too. And the sale’s til November 15 😀 ) I also wanted to go to Galleria earlier but again, I was too busy dozing off. Boo. I swear I’ll go tomorrow. Oh and if you’re not bringing a car, just don’t go during rush hour. All your time will be spent on the road instead of the dressing room.
2. Wear your most comfortable shoes since you’ll be doing a lot of walking. Or better yet, wear shoes that can easily be removed. 🙂 Don’t wear strappy shoes or boots to the mall since I’m pretty sure you’ll be trying on a ton of clothes. So make the experience as easy as possible. 🙂
3. You want to cover as much ground as possible in a limited period of time. Be efficient. If you’re the type who needs second opinions all the time, then bring a friend. But if that friend shops more than you do and would keep you from shopping for yourself, then bring someone else. Or better yet, go alone.
4. Make sure you eat before shopping (for the reason, see #3). You don’t wanna have to stop every few minutes just to grab a bite. The saying ‘Time is gold’ is most experienced during times like these. 😉
5. Beware of the I’ll-go-back-for-it-later Mentality. If you find something you REALLY like, then buy it. If you don’t, someone else might get it (yes, even if it totally looks better on you.)
6. BRING YOUR CASH/ATM/CREDIT CARDS. Coz you’ll be spending. And most probably you’ll be spending a lot.
7. SHOP WISELY.If you want it and you’ll use it, then buy it. If you don’t, then don’t feel guilty about not buying it just because it’s half-off or whatever. A lot of people think that buying things on sale = saving. No. It’s not. So be careful. 🙂
Now why am I advertising these sales? Am I getting paid for this? No. But I’m such a sucker for sales I figured you would also want to know. 😉 (Yes, I’m so in love with sales I have a relationship with the clearance rack. But seriously, it really is the first thing I visit when I go to a store. The clearance rack. *Dreamy look*)
So guys you have approximately 18 more hours to go shopping (6 more hours today + 12 hours tomorrow). Don’t say I didn’t warn you though, it’s gonna be crowded, the lines are gonna be long, and people might get a little aggressive. Haha! But if you’re ready to go through all that just to find that perfect buy (I know I am), then go to the mall. Happy shopping! 🙂
EDIT: Here are the things I bought: Floral dress, Gray dress and brown bag from Topshop; 2 magazines (Mega and Preview) and 2 Paulo Coelho books (Zahir and Witch of Portobello) from National 🙂 Didn’t get anything from F21 though *sigh*
It’s been less than 3 weeks since I started this site and I’m really really really (can’t express it enough) overwhelmed that this site already had 800 views. 800! In 3 weeks! 😀 It’s funny coz when I started this site, I was literally forcing 2 of my friends to read my entries and comment. =)) Now I have 800 views, and hopefully the number would spike even more. 🙂 So, I would like to thank several people for making this happen. First off, thank you to Monette Navarro and Joana Velasquez, my amazing photographer. They’ve been so supportive of this site since day 0. They helped me create it and are still my consultants regarding shoots and everything else. Seriously guys, I can’t thank you enough. I love you both (Check out their sites here: Monette Navarro and Joana Velasquez)
Thanks to Geoanna Corneby who gave me the idea. (Not sure that you know, but yes, you planted this idea in my head.) And thank you for all the comments and for being so supportive. I love you, hun. 🙂
I would also like to thank the people who’ve been visiting my site constantly and showing it to their friends. Special mention to TJ Simeon, Dave dela Cuesta. 🙂
Also, I would like to thank my RTCIS team (wooo!) for the support. 🙂 I’m so touched I don’t know what to say. haha Thank you thank you thank you for the support and encouragement. 🙂 Special thanks to Joe Hizon, for the moral support even when my blog was still non-existent. HAHA He helped me come up with the blog. 🙂 Also, thanks to Mars Ortega who I constantly bother about my site stats. Thanks to Mike Gonzalez, who’s been my photoshop teacher; Leonard Cheng, who I kept harassing about my site even before I told my other teammates about it. And thanks to John Hofilena, Bina Chua, Andrew Estrada and Dars Rabaya for promoting my site and posting it on Facebook. EDIT: Thanks to Mars Ortega and Eugene Yasay for posting too. (and thanks to Patriz Dumlao for the support, all the food and the breaks. hahaha ) And to everyone else. To those who read it and to those who give me feedback. 🙂 I love my team. 🙂
And to all those who linked my blog, Mollie Paige, Moochie de Guzman, & Jenny Magat, thank you!
Extra extra thanks to my mom, who supports me in everything I do. 🙂 I love you Mommeeeh! 🙂
Lastly, thank you to all my viewers and followers. I really hope you enjoy reading my blog and I will try to make each post read-worthy for you guys. 🙂 If you have suggestions as to what you want to see featured here, please don’t hesitate to tell me. 🙂 Thanks to all of you for making this happen. You don’t know how happy this makes me. 🙂
*If I forgot to mention someone, just tell me. haha